Welcome to my blog. I document my adventures in travel, style, and food. Hope you have a nice stay!

Another sleepless night

To begin with, my day pretty much started at 1:30 am.

That is the time that I heard the tiny tap tap tapping on our door.

It was Grand Master H and he was ready to get up for the day. He could not sleep because his 
ear was hurting.


It went downhill from that point.

I tried, mightily, to get him to go back to sleep. He would doze off briefly, even snoring, only to wake up, most likely due to the pain.

At 3:23 I (we) finally gave up and came downstairs.

Famous Baby C woke up at 4:53 am and we let Dada (my Mr. Smith) sleep in as late 
as his little heart desired.

As soon as he was awake enough to manage the three ring circus, I pretty much just grunted something unintelligible and staggered back to bed for a nap.

That puts us at around 9 am, at which time I phoned up our wonderful pediatrician who graciously agreed to see us at 10:30.

At about 10:40, young Master Smith was diagnosed with his first ever ear infection (with a few grains of sand, which apparently are not at all out of the ordinary when you are five and hang around playgrounds). So, His Lordship will be on antibiotics for the first time in his life. Thankfully, Dr. C gave us a prescription for cough medicine with codeine, so there is an outside chance for some sleep tonight.

By 11:00 we were off to the pharmacy to procure drugs and then McDonald's to procure Cinnamon Melts for the little lame prince.

After I dropped Grand Master H with his father and sister (who was extremely put out that we ever left the house and even more put out that we did not return with McDonald's hashbrowns for her), I dashed off to turn in the paperwork to register our little hero with the aching ear for kindergarten in the Fall.

As the woman in the office went through the ream of paperwork, I had to surpress the urge to simultaneously cry, throw up and take a nap. The thought of my first born starting kindergarten scares the living crap right out of me.

To describe myself as tired at this point, is a massive understatement.

This day is just kicking my ass.

I am going to need a cocktail.

Post Edit: Grand Master H was nodding off at the kitchen table and ended up breaking down in tears, begging to go to bed...at 4pm.

In other news, Famous Baby C slept from 12:30pm until 3:30pm. She will be up until about midnight.

I can keep this up indefinitely, right?

Roasted Veggie Salad

Saturday Night Ninjas